- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a satisfactory GPA.
- At least three academic or professional letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose describing qualifications and reasons for undertaking graduate study.
- A satisfactory score on the aptitude portions of the Graduate Record Examination. The Graduate Management Aptitude Test may be substituted for the GRE with the permission of the program director.
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School, the following is required for graduate study in Economics:
- Undergraduate coursework that includes: Calculus, Econometrics (or equivalent), Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory, Intermediate Microeconomic Theory, and Mathematical Economics. (Students missing some of these courses can be admitted conditionally.)
- Given the Finance focus of the dual-degree program, undergraduate coursework in Finance and Accounting is also desirable.
Students should apply through the UNC Charlotte online system, choosing the Copenhagen dual degree program option. Students will also need to apply to Copenhagen Business School during the fall semester of their first year in cooperation with the Office of Global Business Studies at UNC Charlotte.
Apply by March 15th for priority consideration for the following academic year.